When I ran my SEO agency, I needed a few WordPress plugins to help my clients grow their sites ranking, lead generation, and optimal performance.
Table of Contents
But we all know that installing too many plugins can cause issues. So how did we narrow our list? Well, we’ve used 80% of the plugins mentioned here ourselves, and as a previous SEO agency owner, these were my go to plugins that I would blindly install without hesitation.
If you are a WordPress agency, you know how important it is to have the right tools when working with clients. These tools need to help you build fast, secure, and easy-to-use sites while also being visually appealing and fully branded.
Many agencies use WordPress plugins as an essential part of their workflows. If you want to become a successful WordPress agency, you must continue reading to learn about the plugins that will take your business to the next level.
So read on for more details…
What should these WordPress plugins do for your agency?
The right WordPress plugins can help your agency in several ways. They can streamline operations, help you grow your online business, make your website more enjoyable for visitors, and simplify and perfect your marketing efforts.
Additionally, WordPress plugins can help you create customized, attractive, and responsive pop-ups and pop-overs, all to provide your readers with additional content.
There are several plugins available to you that can improve the performance of your website. In addition, you may add additional techniques to make your site operate more effectively, from form-generation plugins to e-commerce plugins.
There are many different kinds of plugins available to assist you in enhancing your website. In addition, your site’s functionality will increase due to its expansion, enhancing the overall experience.
What to look for in a WordPress plugin for an agency
When looking for a WordPress plugin for an agency, there are a few things to remember.
- First, how long does the plugin take to load? If it’s slow, it may not be worth using.
- Second, is the plugin regularly updated? If not, it may not be compatible with the latest version of WordPress.
- Third, does the plugin have good reviews? If not, there may be better options available.
- Finally, consider how much support is available for the plugin. If there aren’t any documentation or support forums, it may be difficult to use if you run into problems.
- All the plugins listed work together, so there are no plugin conflicts. However, if you decide to use other plugins that is something you should investigate.
15 WordPress plugins for agencies
As an agency, you want to ensure your WordPress site runs smoothly and efficiently AND help your client’s site rank higher. There are a few key plugins you should consider installing to help with this. Here are the essential WordPress plugins for agencies:
Internal linking is a core part of SEO and one of the best ways to quickly rank key terms for your clients. However, as an agency, we know how hard it is to find quality internal link placements and audit each site.
Find how many orphan pages a site has if the site has keyword cannibalization, how many anchor texts have been used, and how well each of those keywords is ranking. It’s a painful process of gathering data and implementing it.
That is why we’ve created Linkilo, the best internal linking WordPress plugin with a powerful link auditing report to help you spend less time with manual labor and more time on strategies to get your clients to rank higher on searches.
- Provides link suggestions based on title, custom keywords, Google Search Console, Rank Math, Yoast, URL, and more
- Anchor text reporting tool to show how many times an anchor text has been used
- Link cannibalization to help identify if the same anchor text is being used more than once for different URLs
- Keyword cannibalization reporting tool. Use Google Search Console to identify any pages ranking for the same keyword.
- Orphan pages tool, showing how many pages/posts do not contain internal or external links.
- Auto linking. You can quickly find and add links based on a keyword.
2. WP Rocket
This is also one of my favorite tools. Provide your consumers with a quicker website in a couple of minutes. Increasing site speed can be one of the easiest things you can do to improve your overall SEO. But it can also be one of the hardest things to do.
WP Rocket is a caching plugin that enables hundreds of businesses and freelancers to wow their clients with exceptional website speed. WP Rocket makes raising the performance of your websites automatic: you can give excellent results to your clients while saving a lot of time and effort.
80% of recommended practices for web speed are implemented immediately when the plugin is activated. When you acquire or conclude a project with a customer, you can easily add or delete the license from the website.
Take advantage of the flexibility and make your work simpler. Enough with the tedious setups that must be replicated in each location. In the blink of an eye, apply the same improvements to several websites.
Click this affiliate link to buy their unlimited site plan and see how all your client’s sites perform!
- Page Caching for Desktop and Mobile
- WebP Compatibility
- Cache Preloading
- Database Optimization
- CDN Compatibility
- LazyLoad for Images, Iframes, and Videos
- Browser Caching for Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel
Undoubtedly, ManageWP is one of the best WordPress plugins for agencies. By eliminating the inconvenience of having to create login spreadsheets or use password managers to log in and administer several websites, ManageWP considerably simplifies website management.
The websites you add using ManageWP will appear on a single dashboard when you do so. With just one click, you can easily log in and quickly see what’s happening. You may add an unlimited number of websites using ManageWP.
It’s an excellent tool for developing agencies that must oversee several websites. In addition to saving crucial time, ManageWp offers several paid add-ons that enhance website administration.
- Safe updates
- Uptime monitor
- Automatic restore points creation by Safe Updates before updating a site.
- It comes with Sucuri Security Check to guarantee that your websites remain virus-free and clean.
- Integration of Google Analytics
- With only one click, website updates may be synced across live environments and localhost.
- Users may log in to all websites using the central dashboard with a single click.
4. Yoast SEO
One of the most well-liked and useful plugins for WordPress is this one. The Yoast SEO plugin, as its name suggests, assists you in customizing your website to improve your SEO. In addition, Yoast SEO encourages you to incorporate the term into all of your site’s text.
This is excellent for SEO since Google will now be able to better grasp the context of your page when it crawls around your website in search of keywords. Yoast SEO’s ability to aid with content generation is one of its greatest features.
It helps you create content specifically customized to that keyword when attempting to write for that term. This plugin compels you to choose keywords as you write to produce a better essay. This enables you to make modifications as necessary, such as dividing text or rearranging graphic components. Using this feature will result in more aesthetically pleasing articles.
You may preview titles and meta descriptions in addition to other capabilities. For example, you can see where the title or description is cut off and if it is too lengthy or too short. Your page will appear better in the search results as a consequence.
You may improve your position and clickthrough rate (CTR) in the organic search results by using Yoast SEO. As a result, your business will benefit from more reliable traffic.
- Paragraph Structure. Yoast SEO will analyze the structure of your paragraphs to help deliver better content
- Keyword Density
- Flesch-Kincaid Reading Ease
- Meta Descriptions
- Link Support
- Permalink Cleanups
5. Wordfence Security
Asana SEO agency, the Wordfence Security plugin is a must-have. It is a leading security plugin; it runs over a quarter of all web pages on the internet. Because of this large quantity, it is a common target for malicious attacks, hacking attempts, code injection, etc.
Its flagship free scanning tool audits your core WordPress installation and highlights any issues that need to be addressed. This is vital for keeping your website secure and protecting your clients’ data. It’s the perfect tool to have your client justify the maintenance fee you provide for them.
- Real-time IP Blacklist, Firewall Rule, and Malware Signature Updates.
- Premium Support.
- Site/IP Reputation Checks.
- Country-level Blocking.
6. Asset CleanUp
As an agency specializing in WordPress SEO, we can’t recommend Asset CleanUp enough. While WP Rocket does most things automatically, Asset Cleanup can fine-tune your client’s site to perform optimally.
This powerful plugin scans your pages and detects all loaded assets, so you can easily select which CSS and JS files to remove. Running Elementor on the homepage? Well, it also runs on every page of the site.
With Asset Cleanup, you can create a rule to exclude Elementor and its asset from being used, but only on the homepage. This can help speed up your client’s website significantly and is a great way to improve your site’s performance.
- Remove Unused CSS and JS
- Remove Unused Wp elements such as Really Simple Discovery (RSD), Windows Live Writer, REST API, and Disable XML-RPC Protocol
- Defer CSS loaded in the
- Advanced logic of removing JS and CSS in certain pages and using Regex
- Async and defer JS
7. Rank Math
There’s no doubt that SEO is complex. However, many WordPress SEO plugins and tools are available to help boost your site’s usability and search ranking. Among the most user-friendly and popular is Rank Math.
This plugin comes with excellent functions beyond basic on-page optimization, making it a must-have tool for any WordPress site. Not to mention, Rank Math is designed to be an all-in-one SEO plugin that takes care of everything WordPress related to SEO. Rank Math has covered everything from choosing the right keywords to optimizing your website and tracking your progress.
- Easy to follow Setup Wizard
- Clean, & Simple User Interface
- Content AI – Your Personal AI Assistant
- Built-In Advanced SEO Analytics Module
- Google Index Status
- Google Analytics 4 Integration
- Rank Tracker
- Keep an Eye on Position History
8. All In One WP Migration
As an agency specializing in SEO, we cannot recommend All In One WP Migration enough. This plugin is a must-have for anyone looking to migrate baeasily backup their websites. Not only is the process quick and easy, but it is also affordable and reliable. With over 2 million active installations, All In One WP Migration is a trusted plugin that will get the job done right.
- Features Spotlight: Supports custom uploads, plugins, theme folders, and more.
- Trusted by the Government and Big Corporations
- Cloud Storage Supported
- Export to Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
9. Advanced Custom Fields Pro
Advanced Custom Fields Pro is a must-have WordPress plugin if you are an SEO agency. This powerful plugin allows you to extend the technical limits of web design and create custom fields beyond standard WordPress.
WordPress includes built-in functionality for adding custom fields to your content. Although the native custom fields functionality is fully functional, it is not the most user-friendly way to do things, which is why many people prefer the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
Advanced Custom Fields Pro is a powerful plugin that gives you full control over your WordPress edit screens and custom field data. With ACF Pro, you can easily create repeatable fields,page-building tools, media galleries, and more.
So if you’re looking for a way to take your client’s WordPress site to the next level, ACF Pro is the perfect solution.
- Repeater fields allow you to repeat certain fields or sets of fields on a post-by-post basis. If you were adding information about a speaker to an event, for example, a repeater field would help you handle the situation where there are multiple speakers (you could simply “repeat” the field(s) for the speaker as many times as needed, allowing you to handle edge cases where there are multiple speakers).
- ACF blocks – instead of a meta box, display your fields as a Gutenberg block. This is especially useful if you’re creating a site for a client and want to make it simple for them to input and display custom field data.
- Create layouts from other fields using the flexible content field. It’s similar to a lightweight page builder based on custom field data.
- Upload several photos to a single gallery field.
10. Pretty Links
Pretty Links is a great plugin for WordPress that allows you to shorten easily, cloak, and track your links. It’s perfect for affiliate marketers who want to clean up their links, track clicks from emails or social media, and manage their affiliate links in one place.
The plugin also allows you to customize the appearance of your shortened links, making it easy to control how your links look. Pretty Links is a great tool for anyone starting with affiliate marketing, as it provides the necessary information to track the performance of your links and make improvements where needed.
- Make your website’s URLs clean and simple.
- URL slugs can be generated at random or by hand.
- Keep track of the number of clicks.
- Reports that are simple to understand.
- View click information such as IP address, remote host, browser, operating system, and referring site.
11. Gravity Forms
One of the top WordPress form builder plugins is Gravity Forms. Forms are frequently created for customers by agencies. As a result, agencies may rapidly develop stunning forms using an intuitive plugin like Gravity Forms.
Agency owners may create WordPress forms using the drag-and-drop builder provided by Gravity Forms. Because it works with WordPress Multisite, you may make and distribute forms as you see fit.
Gravity Forms’ finest feature is its ability to safely gather and analyze data so you may better understand your audiences. Additionally, you may direct data to other locations, such as a CRM, Zapier, or email.
- Makes digital signatures possible
- Computations can be added to fields
- Supports Google reCAPTCHA v2 and v3 integration with well-known payment gateways like Square, Stripe, and Mollie.
One excellent image optimization plugin for WordPress websites is ShortPixel. To increase page performance, it automatically resizes and optimizes photos. In addition, you may immediately optimize photos from the WordPress Dashboard with the WP plugin.
Agency owners love ShortPixel since it allows you to optimize older photos on your clients’ websites swiftly. In addition, batch automation greatly increases speeds and decreases bandwidth use by cutting down picture optimization times to a few seconds.
- Quick picture optimization
- PNG and GIFs to JPEG
- Automatically serves AVIF and WebP formats to compliant browsers
- Large photos can be automatically shrunk without losing quality
- Directly loads photos from a CDN to reduce load times
With the fantastic plugin OptinMonster, you can increase conversion rates for your clients. It is a powerful marketing plugin that may assist businesses in increasing the size of their client’s email lists, decreasing cart abandonment, and increasing revenue per visitor.
You may design interactive forms that are optimized for conversions with OptinMonster. Additionally, it features cutting-edge page-level A/B testing created to provide your clients with better data analysis.
In addition to providing agency owners with the flexibility to set up sub-accounts and control user rights, OptinMonster also provides unique branding solutions.
- Drag and drop builder
- Targeting based on geo-location
- Design unique exit-intent popups
- Conduct focused marketing and establish boundaries.
- Integrations with all widely used applications and marketing software, including Mailchimp, Drip, and Salesforce.
14. CloudFare Integration
Although Cloudflare isn’t a plugin, it nevertheless significantly impacts how content is delivered to end users in terms of improving page performance. In addition, Cloudflare offers a content delivery network (CDN) and security service.
Expanding your website’s traffic nowadays makes no sense without CDN service, and Cloudflare is ultimately the best option.
- Security for all types of websites, APIs, and online apps
- Highly customizable CDN where you may select the caching method for your content on your own
- Offers more bandwidth savings
- Unique ecosystem and CDN configuration optimized for video
- HTTP/3 support
One of the greatest CRM, sales, and marketing WordPress plugins is HubSpot, which is ideal for agencies trying to streamline their operations and expand their businesses as efficiently as possible.
The biggest feature of this plugin is that you can link it with more than 1030 apps, giving you a one-stop shop that will enable you to streamline data management procedures and concentrate more on enhancing your product.
- Email advertising
- Contact management and CRM in WP
- Marketing automation
- Chatbots and live chats
- Pop-ups and forms
- Analytics and exit intent
WordPress is a massive platform, and an incredible number of plugins and add-ons may be used to complement it. These are some WordPress plugins for agencies that are the most well-liked and often used. Particularly when managing numerous sites, all of these plugins are made to simplify processes and save you time and effort.
If you’re tired of manually adding internal links to your WordPress site, Linkilo.co is the perfect solution. With its easy-to-use plugin, you can quickly and easily add internal links, save time, and improve your SEO.
Try it out today and experience the benefits of using an automated internal linking tool.